Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 11:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 11:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.31 meters/second, 1516.7 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 819.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 08.5"||942.11 mi||West||0° 06' 04.8"||6.97 mi||South||941.86 mi|
|24 hours||15° 02' 03.8"||984.57 mi||East||1° 46' 40.1"||122.29 mi||South||986.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Tue 11:16 AM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||E|
|Recife||Tue 8:16 AM||2087 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Tue 8:16 AM||2179 km||1354 miles||1177 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Tue 9:16 AM||2554 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 8:16 AM||2698 km||1676 miles||1457 nm||NW|
|Guarulhos *||Tue 9:16 AM||2900 km||1802 miles||1566 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Tue 9:16 AM||2911 km||1809 miles||1572 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Tue 11:16 AM||2919 km||1814 miles||1576 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Tue 11:16 AM||3083 km||1916 miles||1665 nm||NNE|
|Brasilia *||Tue 9:16 AM||3083 km||1916 miles||1665 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.