Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 1:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 13:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.73 meters/second, 1514.6 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.6"||940.83 mi||West||0° 05' 48.8"||6.66 mi||South||940.58 mi|
|24 hours||15° 04' 42.0"||986.27 mi||East||1° 39' 36.2"||114.19 mi||South||987.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Uberlândia *||Tue 11:16 AM||52 km||32 miles||28 nm||W|
|Uberaba *||Tue 11:16 AM||86 km||53 miles||46 nm||S|
|Itumbiara *||Tue 11:16 AM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||WNW|
|Ribeirão Prêto *||Tue 11:16 AM||242 km||151 miles||131 nm||S|
|Goiânia *||Tue 11:16 AM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||NNW|
|Pirassununga *||Tue 11:16 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||S|
|Brasilia *||Tue 11:16 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||N|
|Belo Horizonte *||Tue 11:16 AM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||ESE|
|Campinas *||Tue 11:16 AM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||S|
|Guarulhos *||Tue 11:16 AM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.