Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 1:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 13:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.64 meters/second, 1514.3 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 58.0"||940.62 mi||West||0° 05' 46.0"||6.61 mi||South||940.37 mi|
|24 hours||15° 05' 07.4"||986.54 mi||East||1° 38' 25.0"||112.83 mi||South||987.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Tue 10:36 AM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||N|
|Goiânia *||Tue 11:36 AM||438 km||272 miles||236 nm||NE|
|Brasilia *||Tue 11:36 AM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||NE|
|Pirassununga *||Tue 11:36 AM||631 km||392 miles||340 nm||ESE|
|São Paulo *||Tue 11:36 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||SE|
|Asuncion *||Tue 10:36 AM||867 km||539 miles||468 nm||SW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Tue 9:36 AM||936 km||582 miles||505 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Tue 11:36 AM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||ESE|
|Sucre||Tue 9:36 AM||1335 km||829 miles||721 nm||W|
|Salvador||Tue 10:36 AM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.