Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 2:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 14:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.41 meters/second, 1513.5 km/hour, 940.4 miles/hour or 817.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 54.5"||940.10 mi||West||0° 05' 39.3"||6.48 mi||South||939.85 mi|
|24 hours||15° 06' 09.5"||987.19 mi||East||1° 35' 26.3"||109.42 mi||South||988.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sucre||Tue 10:26 AM||74 km||46 miles||40 nm||W|
|Potosi||Tue 10:26 AM||136 km||84 miles||73 nm||WSW|
|Santa Cruz||Tue 10:26 AM||207 km||128 miles||112 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Tue 10:26 AM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||NW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Tue 10:26 AM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||NE|
|Salta||Tue 11:26 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||S|
|Tucumán||Tue 11:26 AM||857 km||533 miles||463 nm||S|
|Riberalta||Tue 10:26 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||N|
|Asuncion *||Tue 11:26 AM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||SE|
|Cobija||Tue 10:26 AM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.