Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 6:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 18:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.39 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 38.8"||937.82 mi||West||0° 05' 07.2"||5.87 mi||South||937.59 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 31.0"||989.83 mi||East||1° 21' 32.9"||93.49 mi||South||990.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 10:16 AM||1239 km||770 miles||669 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 1:16 PM||1355 km||842 miles||731 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Tue 8:16 AM||3158 km||1962 miles||1705 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 12:16 PM||3869 km||2404 miles||2089 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 8:16 AM||4179 km||2597 miles||2257 nm||W|
|Lima||Tue 1:16 PM||4632 km||2878 miles||2501 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Wed 8:16 AM||4742 km||2946 miles||2560 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Tue 12:16 PM||4850 km||3014 miles||2619 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 12:16 PM||4939 km||3069 miles||2667 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Tue 12:16 PM||4961 km||3083 miles||2679 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.