Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.35 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 38.2"||937.72 mi||West||0° 05' 05.8"||5.84 mi||South||937.50 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 41.6"||989.93 mi||East||1° 20' 56.2"||92.79 mi||South||990.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 10:26 AM||1032 km||642 miles||557 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 1:26 PM||1552 km||965 miles||838 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Tue 8:26 AM||2906 km||1806 miles||1569 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 8:26 AM||3931 km||2443 miles||2123 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 12:26 PM||4094 km||2544 miles||2210 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 8:26 AM||4517 km||2807 miles||2439 nm||WNW|
|Lima||Tue 1:26 PM||4883 km||3034 miles||2637 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Tue 12:26 PM||4978 km||3093 miles||2688 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Tue 7:26 AM||5012 km||3114 miles||2706 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Tue 12:26 PM||5114 km||3178 miles||2761 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.