Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.30 meters/second, 1509.5 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 37.5"||937.63 mi||West||0° 05' 04.2"||5.81 mi||South||937.40 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 51.9"||990.03 mi||East||1° 20' 19.5"||92.09 mi||South||990.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 10:36 AM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 1:36 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||951 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Tue 8:36 AM||2655 km||1650 miles||1433 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 8:36 AM||3682 km||2288 miles||1988 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 8:36 AM||4297 km||2670 miles||2320 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 12:36 PM||4322 km||2686 miles||2334 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Tue 7:36 AM||4762 km||2959 miles||2571 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 8:36 AM||5068 km||3149 miles||2736 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Tue 12:36 PM||5116 km||3179 miles||2763 nm||NE|
|Lima||Tue 1:36 PM||5135 km||3191 miles||2772 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.