Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 9:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 21:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.68 meters/second, 1507.3 km/hour, 936.6 miles/hour or 813.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 28.0"||936.24 mi||West||0° 04' 42.4"||5.40 mi||South||936.03 mi|
|24 hours||15° 13' 19.6"||991.41 mi||East||1° 10' 58.2"||81.37 mi||South||991.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:08 AM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Tue 10:08 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 11:08 AM||1220 km||758 miles||659 nm||E|
|Apia *||Wed 11:08 AM||1327 km||824 miles||716 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 10:08 AM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:08 AM||1592 km||989 miles||859 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Wed 10:08 AM||2183 km||1356 miles||1179 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:08 AM||2416 km||1501 miles||1305 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:08 AM||2475 km||1538 miles||1336 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:08 AM||2779 km||1727 miles||1501 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.