Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.45 meters/second, 1506.4 km/hour, 936.0 miles/hour or 813.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 24.5"||935.72 mi||West||0° 04' 33.8"||5.23 mi||South||935.51 mi|
|24 hours||15° 14' 12.6"||991.88 mi||East||1° 07' 14.6"||77.10 mi||South||991.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Wed 11:08 AM||97 km||60 miles||53 nm||E|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:08 AM||152 km||94 miles||82 nm||S|
|Neiafu||Wed 11:08 AM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Tue 11:08 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||E|
|Levuka *||Wed 11:08 AM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||WNW|
|Labasa *||Wed 11:08 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Wed 11:08 AM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||WNW|
|Mata-Utu||Wed 10:08 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 12:08 PM||743 km||461 miles||401 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Wed 12:08 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.