Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 11:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.22 meters/second, 1505.6 km/hour, 935.5 miles/hour or 813.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 21.1"||935.21 mi||West||0° 04' 24.9"||5.06 mi||South||935.00 mi|
|24 hours||344° 44' 57.1"||992.31 mi||West||1° 03' 30.4"||72.81 mi||South||991.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Wed 10:08 AM||316 km||197 miles||171 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Wed 10:08 AM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||SW|
|Luganville||Wed 10:08 AM||585 km||364 miles||316 nm||NW|
|Nadi *||Wed 12:08 PM||778 km||484 miles||420 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Wed 12:08 PM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Wed 12:08 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||ENE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:08 PM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Wed 11:08 AM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Wed 10:08 AM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||NW|
|Auckland *||Wed 12:08 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.