Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 23:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 23:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.15 meters/second, 1505.4 km/hour, 935.4 miles/hour or 812.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.59 mi||west||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||south||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 19.9"||935.06 mi||west||0° 04' 22.3"||5.01 mi||south||934.85 mi|
|24 hours||344° 44' 42.7"||992.44 mi||west||1° 02' 22.9"||71.52 mi||south||991.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Wed 10:26 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Wed 10:26 AM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||NE|
|Luganville||Wed 10:26 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Wed 12:26 PM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||E|
|Honiara||Wed 10:26 AM||1327 km||824 miles||716 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Wed 9:26 AM||1570 km||976 miles||848 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 11:26 AM||1895 km||1178 miles||1023 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:26 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||E|
|Auckland *||Wed 12:26 PM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||SSE|
|Sydney *||Wed 10:26 AM||2134 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.