Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.45 meters/second, 1502.8 km/hour, 933.8 miles/hour or 811.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.1"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.08 mi||South||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 09.4"||933.48 mi||West||0° 03' 52.4"||4.44 mi||South||933.30 mi|
|24 hours||15° 17' 39.0"||993.53 mi||East||0° 49' 47.8"||57.09 mi||South||992.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Hedland||Wed 10:46 AM||52 km||32 miles||28 nm||ESE|
|Karratha||Wed 10:46 AM||152 km||94 miles||82 nm||WSW|
|Denpasar||Wed 10:46 AM||1305 km||811 miles||704 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Wed 10:46 AM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||S|
|Malang||Wed 9:46 AM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Wed 11:46 AM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Wed 9:46 AM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Wed 12:16 PM||1599 km||993 miles||863 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Wed 10:46 AM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||N|
|Eucla||Wed 11:31 AM||1673 km||1040 miles||904 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.