Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.29 meters/second, 1502.2 km/hour, 933.4 miles/hour or 811.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.0"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 06.9"||933.12 mi||West||0° 03' 44.8"||4.30 mi||South||932.94 mi|
|24 hours||15° 18' 09.0"||993.73 mi||East||0° 46' 37.7"||53.46 mi||South||992.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandung||Wed 10:36 AM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||N|
|Malang||Wed 10:36 AM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Wed 10:36 AM||1552 km||964 miles||838 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Wed 10:36 AM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Wed 11:36 AM||1603 km||996 miles||865 nm||NE|
|Perth||Wed 11:36 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||SE|
|Bengkulu||Wed 10:36 AM||1859 km||1155 miles||1004 nm||NNW|
|Palembang||Wed 10:36 AM||1905 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||N|
|Makassar||Wed 11:36 AM||2195 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||NE|
|Pontianak||Wed 10:36 AM||2253 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.