Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 8:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 20:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.11 meters/second, 1494.4 km/hour, 928.6 miles/hour or 806.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 35.3"||928.26 mi||West||0° 01' 04.9"||1.24 mi||South||928.20 mi|
|24 hours||15° 20' 11.9"||991.35 mi||East||0° 18' 36.5"||21.34 mi||North||992.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 11:32 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Wed 12:32 PM||852 km||530 miles||460 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Wed 10:32 AM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 10:32 AM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 3:32 PM||2899 km||1801 miles||1565 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:32 AM||3347 km||2080 miles||1807 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 9:32 AM||3439 km||2137 miles||1857 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 10:32 AM||3762 km||2337 miles||2031 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 9:32 AM||3876 km||2408 miles||2093 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 9:32 AM||3955 km||2458 miles||2136 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.