Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 8:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 20:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.10 meters/second, 1494.4 kilometres/hour, 928.6 miles/hour or 806.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 35.2"||928.23 mi||West||0° 01' 03.2"||1.21 mi||South||928.18 mi|
|24 hours||15° 20' 08.4"||991.27 mi||East||0° 19' 15.0"||22.07 mi||North||992.57 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 11:42 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||ESE|
|Adamstown||Wed 12:42 PM||1066 km||662 miles||576 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Wed 10:42 AM||1124 km||699 miles||607 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 10:42 AM||2111 km||1311 miles||1140 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 3:42 PM||3134 km||1948 miles||1692 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:42 AM||3181 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 9:42 AM||3190 km||1982 miles||1722 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 10:42 AM||3514 km||2184 miles||1898 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 9:42 AM||3632 km||2257 miles||1961 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 9:42 AM||3708 km||2304 miles||2002 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.