Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 21:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 21:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.05 meters/second, 1494.2 km/hour, 928.4 miles/hour or 806.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.47 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||south||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 34.6"||928.12 mi||west||0° 00' 54.4"||1.04 mi||south||928.08 mi|
|24 hours||15° 19' 47.8"||990.79 mi||east||0° 22' 47.2"||26.13 mi||north||992.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 11:36 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:36 AM||742 km||461 miles||400 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 10:36 AM||1818 km||1129 miles||981 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 11:36 AM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 10:36 AM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:36 PM||2355 km||1463 miles||1272 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:36 AM||2365 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:36 AM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Thu 10:36 AM||3047 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 9:36 AM||3316 km||2061 miles||1791 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.