Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.04 meters/second, 1494.2 km/hour, 928.4 miles/hour or 806.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.47 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||south||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 34.5"||928.11 mi||west||0° 00' 52.9"||1.01 mi||south||928.06 mi|
|24 hours||15° 19' 44.1"||990.71 mi||east||0° 23' 21.2"||26.78 mi||north||992.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:46 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 11:46 AM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 10:46 AM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 11:46 AM||1966 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 10:46 AM||2122 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:46 AM||2177 km||1353 miles||1175 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:46 AM||2532 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:46 PM||2568 km||1596 miles||1387 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Thu 10:46 AM||2826 km||1756 miles||1526 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 9:46 AM||3110 km||1932 miles||1679 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.