Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.00 meters/second, 1494.0 km/hour, 928.3 miles/hour or 806.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.47 mi||west||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||south||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 34.1"||928.07 mi||west||0° 00' 43.0"||0.82 mi||south||928.03 mi|
|24 hours||15° 19' 17.5"||990.20 mi||east||0° 27' 15.9"||31.27 mi||north||992.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Wed 11:46 AM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||NNW|
|Pangai||Thu 11:46 AM||530 km||330 miles||286 nm||WNW|
|Neiafu||Thu 11:46 AM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:46 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Wed 11:46 AM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||N|
|Apia *||Thu 12:46 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Thu 12:46 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:46 PM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:46 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||N|
|Suva *||Thu 11:46 AM||1313 km||816 miles||709 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.