Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.94 meters/second, 1493.8 km/hour, 928.2 miles/hour or 806.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.47 mi||west||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||south||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 33.6"||927.95 mi||west||0° 00' 26.8"||0.51 mi||south||927.92 mi|
|24 hours||344° 41' 33.5"||989.17 mi||west||0° 33' 38.9"||38.58 mi||north||991.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Thu 11:26 AM||151 km||94 miles||82 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Thu 11:26 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||NNE|
|Luganville||Thu 11:26 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||N|
|Kingston||Thu 11:56 AM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||S|
|Suva *||Thu 1:26 PM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Thu 11:26 AM||1460 km||907 miles||789 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Thu 10:26 AM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 1:26 PM||1884 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:26 PM||1924 km||1195 miles||1039 nm||NE|
|Auckland *||Thu 1:26 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.