Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 1:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 01:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.91 meters/second, 1493.7 km/hour, 928.1 miles/hour or 806.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.47 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||South||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 33.5"||927.83 mi||West||0° 00' 14.6"||0.28 mi||South||927.81 mi|
|24 hours||15° 17' 42.6"||988.25 mi||East||0° 38' 24.8"||44.04 mi||North||991.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mackay||Thu 11:42 AM||52 km||32 miles||28 nm||ESE|
|Lindeman Island||Thu 11:42 AM||62 km||38 miles||33 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Thu 11:42 AM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Thu 11:42 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 11:42 AM||1280 km||796 miles||691 nm||N|
|Sydney *||Thu 12:42 PM||1454 km||904 miles||785 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Thu 11:12 AM||1562 km||971 miles||844 nm||WSW|
|Canberra *||Thu 12:42 PM||1592 km||989 miles||859 nm||S|
|Honiara||Thu 12:42 PM||1750 km||1087 miles||945 nm||NE|
|Adelaide *||Thu 12:12 PM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.