Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 03:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 03:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 414.90 meters/second, 1493.6 km/hour, 928.1 miles/hour or 806.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.47 mi||west||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||north||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 33.7"||927.86 mi||west||0° 00' 05.0"||0.09 mi||north||927.87 mi|
|24 hours||15° 16' 21.0"||986.82 mi||east||0° 46' 04.7"||52.84 mi||north||990.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Hedland||Thu 11:42 AM||141 km||87 miles||76 nm||WNW|
|Perth||Thu 11:42 AM||1282 km||796 miles||692 nm||SSW|
|Denpasar||Thu 11:42 AM||1441 km||896 miles||778 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Thu 1:12 PM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||ESE|
|Eucla||Thu 12:27 PM||1498 km||931 miles||809 nm||SE|
|Dili||Thu 12:42 PM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Thu 1:12 PM||1507 km||937 miles||814 nm||NE|
|Malang||Thu 10:42 AM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Thu 10:42 AM||1690 km||1050 miles||913 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Thu 11:42 AM||1747 km||1086 miles||944 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.