Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 9:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 09:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.08 meters/second, 1494.3 km/hour, 928.5 miles/hour or 806.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.6"||15.47 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 38.0"||928.20 mi||West||0° 01' 05.2"||1.25 mi||North||928.25 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 51.1"||981.18 mi||East||1° 09' 19.7"||79.49 mi||North||988.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Masvingo||Thu 11:56 AM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||NNE|
|Gweru||Thu 11:56 AM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||NNW|
|Bulawayo||Thu 11:56 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||WNW|
|Mutare||Thu 11:56 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||NE|
|Francistown||Thu 11:56 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||W|
|Chitungwiza||Thu 11:56 AM||323 km||201 miles||175 nm||N|
|Harare||Thu 11:56 AM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||N|
|Polokwane||Thu 11:56 AM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||SSW|
|Serowe||Thu 11:56 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||WSW|
|Beira||Thu 11:56 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.