Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 19:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.01 meters/second, 1497.6 km/hour, 930.6 miles/hour or 808.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.51 mi||west||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||north||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 55.6"||930.31 mi||west||0° 02' 38.7"||3.03 mi||north||930.45 mi|
|24 hours||14° 58' 24.6"||969.66 mi||east||1° 44' 33.5"||119.87 mi||north||982.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Thu 2:44 PM||730 km||453 miles||394 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Thu 11:44 AM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 1:44 PM||3148 km||1956 miles||1700 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 2:44 PM||3691 km||2293 miles||1993 nm||E|
|Papeete||Thu 9:44 AM||4116 km||2557 miles||2222 nm||W|
|Quito||Thu 2:44 PM||4147 km||2577 miles||2239 nm||ENE|
|Santiago *||Thu 4:44 PM||4172 km||2592 miles||2253 nm||ESE|
|San Jose||Thu 1:44 PM||4445 km||2762 miles||2400 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 1:44 PM||4452 km||2766 miles||2404 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 1:44 PM||4464 km||2774 miles||2410 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.