Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 20:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.15 meters/second, 1498.1 km/hour, 930.9 miles/hour or 808.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 58.0"||930.61 mi||West||0° 02' 47.6"||3.20 mi||North||930.75 mi|
|24 hours||14° 56' 59.2"||968.39 mi||East||1° 47' 50.2"||123.63 mi||North||981.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 12:42 PM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 3:42 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 10:42 AM||2696 km||1675 miles||1456 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 10:42 AM||3702 km||2301 miles||1999 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 2:42 PM||4337 km||2695 miles||2342 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 10:42 AM||4389 km||2727 miles||2370 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 9:42 AM||4786 km||2974 miles||2584 nm||W|
|Lima||Thu 3:42 PM||5102 km||3170 miles||2755 nm||E|
|Apia *||Fri 10:42 AM||5106 km||3172 miles||2757 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Thu 2:42 PM||5193 km||3227 miles||2804 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.