Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 20:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.17 meters/second, 1498.2 km/hour, 930.9 miles/hour or 809.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 58.5"||930.66 mi||West||0° 02' 49.2"||3.23 mi||North||930.81 mi|
|24 hours||14° 56' 44.1"||968.17 mi||East||1° 48' 24.8"||124.29 mi||North||981.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 12:52 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||SW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 11:52 AM||918 km||570 miles||496 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 3:52 PM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 10:52 AM||2446 km||1520 miles||1321 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 10:52 AM||3455 km||2147 miles||1866 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 10:52 AM||4175 km||2594 miles||2255 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 9:52 AM||4537 km||2819 miles||2450 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 10:52 AM||4856 km||3017 miles||2622 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 9:52 AM||5047 km||3136 miles||2725 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Thu 2:52 PM||5334 km||3314 miles||2880 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.