Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 21:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 21:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.29 meters/second, 1498.7 km/hour, 931.2 miles/hour or 809.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.52 mi||west||0° 00' 02.9"||0.05 mi||north||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 00.6"||930.94 mi||west||0° 02' 56.9"||3.38 mi||north||931.09 mi|
|24 hours||14° 55' 26.8"||967.02 mi||east||1° 51' 16.3"||127.57 mi||north||981.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Thu 12:42 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Thu 1:42 PM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 11:42 AM||1211 km||753 miles||654 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:42 AM||2215 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:42 PM||3052 km||1896 miles||1648 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:42 AM||3216 km||1999 miles||1737 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 10:42 AM||3292 km||2046 miles||1778 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 11:42 AM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:42 AM||3722 km||2313 miles||2010 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 10:42 AM||3813 km||2370 miles||2059 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.