Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.30 meters/second, 1498.7 km/hour, 931.2 miles/hour or 809.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 00.8"||930.96 mi||West||0° 02' 57.4"||3.39 mi||North||931.12 mi|
|24 hours||14° 55' 20.7"||966.93 mi||East||1° 51' 30.1"||127.83 mi||North||980.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Thu 12:46 PM||549 km||341 miles||297 nm||ESE|
|Adamstown||Thu 1:46 PM||1085 km||674 miles||586 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 11:46 AM||1114 km||692 miles||601 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:46 AM||2116 km||1315 miles||1142 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:46 PM||3146 km||1955 miles||1699 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:46 AM||3150 km||1958 miles||1701 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 10:46 AM||3193 km||1984 miles||1724 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 11:46 AM||3511 km||2181 miles||1896 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:46 AM||3623 km||2251 miles||1956 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 10:46 AM||3714 km||2308 miles||2006 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.