Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.76 meters/second, 1500.3 km/hour, 932.3 miles/hour or 810.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.0"||15.54 mi||west||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||north||15.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 08.9"||932.05 mi||west||0° 03' 23.3"||3.89 mi||north||932.23 mi|
|24 hours||14° 50' 47.2"||962.99 mi||east||2° 01' 01.6"||138.76 mi||north||978.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Suva *||Fri 1:34 PM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||NW|
|Nadi *||Fri 1:34 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||NW|
|Lautoka *||Fri 1:34 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:34 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||E|
|Pangai||Fri 1:34 PM||588 km||365 miles||318 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Fri 1:34 PM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Thu 1:34 PM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||E|
|Apia *||Fri 2:34 PM||1129 km||702 miles||610 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Fri 11:34 AM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:34 PM||1312 km||815 miles||708 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.