Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.34 meters/second, 1502.4 km/hour, 933.6 miles/hour or 811.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 19.0"||933.30 mi||West||0° 03' 52.1"||4.44 mi||North||933.50 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 17.7"||958.15 mi||East||2° 11' 30.2"||150.75 mi||North||976.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Fri 1:16 PM||59 km||36 miles||32 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Fri 1:16 PM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||S|
|Darwin||Fri 1:16 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Fri 1:46 PM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||ENE|
|Eucla||Fri 12:31 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Fri 12:46 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||NW|
|Adelaide *||Fri 2:16 PM||1689 km||1050 miles||912 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 1:46 PM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Fri 1:46 PM||2066 km||1284 miles||1116 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 12:46 PM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.