Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.66 meters/second, 1503.6 km/hour, 934.3 miles/hour or 811.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.57 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||north||15.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 24.5"||934.01 mi||west||0° 04' 06.3"||4.71 mi||north||934.23 mi|
|24 hours||14° 42' 26.0"||955.69 mi||east||2° 16' 36.5"||156.60 mi||north||974.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Fri 1:20 PM||1321 km||821 miles||713 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Fri 12:20 PM||1342 km||834 miles||725 nm||N|
|Perth||Fri 1:20 PM||1386 km||862 miles||749 nm||SSE|
|Surakarta||Fri 12:20 PM||1388 km||862 miles||749 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Fri 12:20 PM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||N|
|Bandung||Fri 12:20 PM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Fri 12:20 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 1:20 PM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Fri 2:20 PM||1974 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||NE|
|Eucla||Fri 2:05 PM||2157 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.