Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 11:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 11:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.01 meters/second, 1508.5 km/hour, 937.3 miles/hour or 814.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 47.6"||937.05 mi||West||0° 04' 58.0"||5.69 mi||North||937.31 mi|
|24 hours||14° 30' 56.2"||945.89 mi||East||2° 35' 08.0"||177.83 mi||North||969.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Fri 1:20 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||WSW|
|Francistown||Fri 1:20 PM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||SE|
|Bulawayo||Fri 1:20 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||ESE|
|Serowe||Fri 1:20 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||SSE|
|Gweru||Fri 1:20 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||E|
|Ghanzi||Fri 1:20 PM||469 km||292 miles||253 nm||WSW|
|Molepolole||Fri 1:20 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||S|
|Mongu||Fri 1:20 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||NNW|
|Lusaka||Fri 1:20 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||NNE|
|Masvingo||Fri 1:20 PM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.