Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 12:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 12:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.32 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 52.9"||937.74 mi||West||0° 05' 08.4"||5.89 mi||North||938.01 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 26.6"||943.78 mi||East||2° 38' 48.2"||182.03 mi||North||968.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Swakopmund *||Fri 2:34 PM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||ESE|
|Lubango||Fri 1:34 PM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||NE|
|Walvis Bay *||Fri 2:34 PM||791 km||491 miles||427 nm||ESE|
|Windhoek *||Fri 2:34 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||ESE|
|Luanda||Fri 1:34 PM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Fri 12:34 PM||1490 km||926 miles||805 nm||WNW|
|Kinshasa||Fri 1:34 PM||1866 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Fri 1:34 PM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||NNE|
|Cape Town||Fri 2:34 PM||1911 km||1187 miles||1032 nm||SSE|
|Gaborone||Fri 2:34 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.