Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.16 meters/second, 1512.6 km/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 07.0"||939.62 mi||West||0° 05' 34.7"||6.39 mi||North||939.91 mi|
|24 hours||14° 21' 48.5"||938.19 mi||East||2° 48' 04.6"||192.65 mi||North||965.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória *||Fri 1:46 PM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||WSW|
|Belo Horizonte *||Fri 1:46 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||W|
|Niterói *||Fri 1:46 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 1:46 PM||664 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Salvador||Fri 12:46 PM||692 km||430 miles||373 nm||N|
|São Paulo *||Fri 1:46 PM||997 km||620 miles||538 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 1:46 PM||1096 km||681 miles||592 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Fri 12:46 PM||1286 km||799 miles||694 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 12:46 PM||1715 km||1065 miles||926 nm||N|
|Asuncion *||Fri 12:46 PM||2111 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.