Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 4:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 16:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.31 meters/second, 1513.1 km/hour, 940.2 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 09.5"||939.96 mi||West||0° 05' 39.3"||6.48 mi||North||940.25 mi|
|24 hours||14° 20' 36.6"||937.19 mi||East||2° 49' 40.9"||194.49 mi||North||964.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Uberaba *||Fri 2:20 PM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||WSW|
|Uberlândia *||Fri 2:20 PM||205 km||128 miles||111 nm||W|
|Belo Horizonte *||Fri 2:20 PM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||ESE|
|Pirassununga *||Fri 2:20 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||SSW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 2:20 PM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||NNW|
|Goiânia *||Fri 2:20 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NW|
|Campinas *||Fri 2:20 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Fri 2:20 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||S|
|Santos *||Fri 2:20 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||S|
|Niterói *||Fri 2:20 PM||530 km||330 miles||286 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.