Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 5:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 17:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.59 meters/second, 1514.1 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 14.1"||940.58 mi||West||0° 05' 47.3"||6.64 mi||North||940.88 mi|
|24 hours||14° 18' 28.7"||935.40 mi||East||2° 52' 28.9"||197.70 mi||North||963.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Cruz||Fri 1:20 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||WNW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 1:20 PM||300 km||186 miles||162 nm||N|
|Sucre||Fri 1:20 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||W|
|Cochabamba||Fri 1:20 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||WNW|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Fri 2:20 PM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||SE|
|Asuncion *||Fri 2:20 PM||757 km||471 miles||409 nm||SSE|
|Salta||Fri 2:20 PM||796 km||494 miles||430 nm||SW|
|La Paz||Fri 1:20 PM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||WNW|
|Ciudad del Este *||Fri 2:20 PM||951 km||591 miles||513 nm||SE|
|Tucumán||Fri 2:20 PM||973 km||604 miles||525 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.