Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 5:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.61 meters/second, 1514.2 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 14.6"||940.63 mi||West||0° 05' 47.7"||6.65 mi||North||940.92 mi|
|24 hours||14° 18' 20.0"||935.28 mi||East||2° 52' 40.1"||197.91 mi||North||963.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Cruz||Fri 1:24 PM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||NW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 1:24 PM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||NNE|
|Sucre||Fri 1:24 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||W|
|Cochabamba||Fri 1:24 PM||508 km||315 miles||274 nm||WNW|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Fri 2:24 PM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Fri 1:24 PM||740 km||460 miles||399 nm||WNW|
|Salta||Fri 2:24 PM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||SSW|
|Asuncion *||Fri 2:24 PM||805 km||500 miles||434 nm||SSE|
|Tucumán||Fri 2:24 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||SSW|
|Ciudad del Este *||Fri 2:24 PM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.