Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 6:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 18:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.84 meters/second, 1515.0 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 18.5"||941.15 mi||West||0° 05' 54.4"||6.77 mi||North||941.45 mi|
|24 hours||14° 16' 32.6"||933.78 mi||East||2° 54' 58.4"||200.55 mi||North||962.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Fri 1:14 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Fri 2:14 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||ENE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 1:14 PM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||N|
|Lima||Fri 1:14 PM||847 km||527 miles||458 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Fri 2:14 PM||886 km||551 miles||478 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Fri 2:14 PM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||NNE|
|Santiago *||Fri 3:14 PM||1628 km||1011 miles||879 nm||S|
|Córdoba||Fri 3:14 PM||1675 km||1041 miles||905 nm||SSE|
|Asuncion *||Fri 3:14 PM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||ESE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 1:14 PM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.