Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 6:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 18:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.89 meters/second, 1515.2 km/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 19.3"||941.26 mi||West||0° 05' 55.8"||6.80 mi||North||941.56 mi|
|24 hours||14° 16' 11.0"||933.48 mi||East||2° 55' 25.8"||201.08 mi||North||962.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Fri 1:24 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||ENE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 1:24 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Fri 1:24 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||N|
|Callao||Fri 1:24 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||N|
|Antofagasta *||Fri 3:24 PM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||SE|
|La Paz||Fri 2:24 PM||886 km||551 miles||478 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Fri 2:24 PM||1139 km||707 miles||615 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Fri 2:24 PM||1335 km||829 miles||721 nm||NE|
|Santiago *||Fri 3:24 PM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||SSE|
|Córdoba||Fri 3:24 PM||1824 km||1133 miles||985 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.