Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 6:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 18:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.98 meters/second, 1515.5 km/hour, 941.7 miles/hour or 818.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 20.8"||941.47 mi||West||0° 05' 58.3"||6.85 mi||North||941.78 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 27.7"||932.88 mi||East||2° 56' 20.7"||202.12 mi||North||962.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Fri 1:44 PM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Fri 1:44 PM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Fri 2:44 PM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||E|
|Sucre||Fri 2:44 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Fri 2:44 PM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 1:44 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||N|
|Santiago *||Fri 3:44 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||SSE|
|Quito||Fri 1:44 PM||2087 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||N|
|Córdoba||Fri 3:44 PM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||SE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 12:44 PM||2212 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.