Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 22:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.04 meters/second, 1519.4 km/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 38.5"||943.85 mi||West||0° 06' 26.1"||7.38 mi||North||944.17 mi|
|24 hours||14° 07' 32.7"||926.27 mi||East||3° 05' 56.6"||213.11 mi||North||958.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 1:20 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 2:20 PM||767 km||476 miles||414 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 12:20 PM||1790 km||1112 miles||967 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 5:20 PM||2570 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 12:20 PM||2849 km||1770 miles||1538 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:20 PM||3521 km||2188 miles||1901 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 11:20 AM||3918 km||2435 miles||2116 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 12:20 PM||4204 km||2612 miles||2270 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:20 AM||4275 km||2657 miles||2308 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 11:20 AM||4450 km||2765 miles||2403 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.