Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 22:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.06 meters/second, 1519.4 km/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 38.9"||943.90 mi||West||0° 06' 26.6"||7.39 mi||North||944.22 mi|
|24 hours||14° 07' 23.8"||926.14 mi||East||3° 06' 06.9"||213.31 mi||North||958.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 1:24 PM||524 km||325 miles||283 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 2:24 PM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 12:24 PM||1689 km||1050 miles||912 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 5:24 PM||2662 km||1654 miles||1437 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 12:24 PM||2749 km||1708 miles||1485 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:24 PM||3441 km||2138 miles||1858 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 11:24 AM||3818 km||2372 miles||2061 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 12:24 PM||4103 km||2550 miles||2215 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:24 AM||4175 km||2594 miles||2254 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 11:24 AM||4350 km||2703 miles||2349 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.