Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 11:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 23:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.30 meters/second, 1520.3 km/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 42.7"||944.42 mi||West||0° 06' 32.3"||7.50 mi||North||944.75 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 41.0"||924.72 mi||East||3° 08' 05.7"||215.58 mi||North||957.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 1:10 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 1:10 PM||783 km||486 miles||423 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:10 PM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:10 PM||1673 km||1039 miles||903 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:10 PM||2644 km||1643 miles||1428 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:10 PM||2660 km||1653 miles||1436 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:10 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1587 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:10 PM||3034 km||1885 miles||1638 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:10 PM||3207 km||1992 miles||1731 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:10 PM||3738 km||2323 miles||2019 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.