Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 11:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 23:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.35 meters/second, 1520.5 km/hour, 944.8 miles/hour or 821.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 43.7"||944.53 mi||West||0° 06' 33.7"||7.52 mi||North||944.86 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 18.6"||924.41 mi||East||3° 08' 31.3"||216.07 mi||North||957.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 1:20 PM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:20 PM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:20 PM||1899 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 12:20 PM||2408 km||1496 miles||1300 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:20 PM||2514 km||1562 miles||1358 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 1:20 PM||2688 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:20 PM||2791 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:20 PM||2958 km||1838 miles||1597 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sat 12:20 PM||3642 km||2263 miles||1966 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:20 AM||3806 km||2365 miles||2055 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.