Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 11:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.37 meters/second, 1520.5 km/hour, 944.8 miles/hour or 821.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 43.9"||944.58 mi||West||0° 06' 34.1"||7.53 mi||North||944.91 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 09.7"||924.28 mi||East||3° 08' 41.6"||216.26 mi||North||956.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 1:24 PM||192 km||119 miles||103 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:24 PM||1267 km||787 miles||684 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:24 PM||1992 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 12:24 PM||2307 km||1433 miles||1246 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:24 PM||2468 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 1:24 PM||2588 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:24 PM||2695 km||1674 miles||1455 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:24 PM||2858 km||1776 miles||1543 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sat 12:24 PM||3541 km||2200 miles||1912 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:24 AM||3707 km||2303 miles||2001 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.