Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 14, 2012 at 11:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 14, 2012 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.40 meters/second, 1520.6 km/hour, 944.9 miles/hour or 821.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 44.5"||944.65 mi||West||0° 06' 34.8"||7.54 mi||North||944.98 mi|
|24 hours||14° 04' 56.2"||924.09 mi||East||3° 08' 56.9"||216.55 mi||North||956.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 1:30 PM||102 km||63 miles||55 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:30 PM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:30 PM||2131 km||1324 miles||1151 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 12:30 PM||2156 km||1339 miles||1164 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:30 PM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 1:30 PM||2437 km||1514 miles||1316 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:30 PM||2551 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:30 PM||2709 km||1683 miles||1463 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sat 12:30 PM||3390 km||2106 miles||1830 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:30 AM||3558 km||2211 miles||1921 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.