Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 12:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 00:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.57 meters/second, 1521.3 km/hour, 945.3 miles/hour or 821.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 47.3"||945.04 mi||West||0° 06' 39.0"||7.63 mi||North||945.37 mi|
|24 hours||14° 03' 39.8"||923.03 mi||East||3° 10' 23.3"||218.20 mi||North||956.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:04 PM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 2:04 PM||658 km||409 miles||356 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:04 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||E|
|Alofi||Fri 1:04 PM||1298 km||806 miles||701 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 2:04 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:04 PM||1773 km||1102 miles||957 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:04 PM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:04 PM||2241 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||N|
|Suva *||Sat 1:04 PM||2530 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:04 PM||2732 km||1698 miles||1475 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.