Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.68 meters/second, 1521.6 km/hour, 945.5 miles/hour or 821.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||North||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 49.1"||945.27 mi||West||0° 06' 41.5"||7.67 mi||North||945.61 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 54.8"||922.41 mi||East||3° 11' 13.9"||219.17 mi||North||955.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:24 PM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 1:24 PM||794 km||493 miles||429 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Fri 1:24 PM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:24 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Fri 2:24 PM||1366 km||849 miles||738 nm||E|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:24 PM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:24 PM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Sat 1:24 PM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:24 PM||2265 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:24 PM||2305 km||1432 miles||1245 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.