Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.73 meters/second, 1521.8 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 49.9"||945.39 mi||West||0° 06' 42.7"||7.70 mi||North||945.73 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 32.3"||922.10 mi||East||3° 11' 39.0"||219.65 mi||North||955.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Fri 1:34 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:34 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||ESE|
|Pago Pago||Fri 1:34 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:34 PM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 2:34 PM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||WNW|
|Neiafu||Sat 1:34 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||W|
|Pangai||Sat 1:34 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:34 PM||1130 km||702 miles||610 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:34 PM||1207 km||750 miles||652 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Fri 2:34 PM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.