Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 12:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.78 meters/second, 1522.0 km/hour, 945.7 miles/hour or 821.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 50.8"||945.51 mi||West||0° 06' 43.9"||7.72 mi||North||945.84 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 09.6"||921.78 mi||East||3° 12' 04.2"||220.13 mi||North||955.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Fri 1:44 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 1:44 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:44 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Sat 1:44 PM||714 km||444 miles||386 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 2:44 PM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||NW|
|Pangai||Sat 1:44 PM||768 km||477 miles||414 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:44 PM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:44 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:44 PM||1079 km||671 miles||583 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Sat 1:44 PM||1517 km||943 miles||819 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.