Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.94 meters/second, 1522.6 km/hour, 946.1 miles/hour or 822.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 53.4"||945.86 mi||West||0° 06' 47.6"||7.79 mi||North||946.20 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 01.7"||920.84 mi||East||3° 13' 19.1"||221.56 mi||North||954.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Neiafu||Sat 2:14 PM||64 km||40 miles||35 nm||SE|
|Pangai||Sat 2:14 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||S|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:14 PM||329 km||204 miles||177 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:14 PM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||ESE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 3:14 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Sat 3:14 PM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||NNE|
|Mata-Utu||Sat 1:14 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||NNW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 2:14 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||NE|
|Labasa *||Sat 2:14 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Sat 2:14 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.